Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Weekend Passed

Well another GREAT weekend in Chicago. Pretty soon I'm going to turn into one of the guys I think because I'm surrounded by testosterone 24/7.

This weekend consisted of crazy nights. A Kings of Leon Concert, Lots of Polish Sausages, a sleepy cab driver and a day at the beach.

We went to the Kings of Leon Concert on Saturday night. Didn't get back to the city until 12 and decided to still go out. The bars here are open til 5. So going out at 12:30 here in the equivalent of going out in Ames at 10:30. I have found my new favorite bar... Or should I say my Element of Chicago, called Beaumont. It's great. Because it was so late when we got a cab.. our cabbie must have felt the late hour because he fell asleep while we were at a stoplight on Lakeshore. Romano and i were unsure if he was sleeping or just died a silent death.

Sunday we spent a few hours at the beach. As Romano and I were eager to get our feet wet, the minute we got in the lifeguards informed us that they had opened the sewage system into the water after all the rain and we might want to wash our feet off to avoid a "rash". Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment